Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Sick kids, friends who are ill, I am so lucky

Again sick kids, probably somre virus brought in by other kids, one of our friend's kids was sick this weekend, so I assumed he had caught it from when we visited them last weekend, however, now that two are sick here I am thinking he brought us the illness. Now I don't feel so bad! I think we are all over tired here, we have been travelling, visiting, out having endless fun and have wore ourselves out. Stress is also contagious, and as much as I try to keep things normal here, with their grandpa dying and their Dad on a very intense course, it leaks into the cracks of our lives.

I spoke with my friend with breast cancer today, she is doing ok, but it has been a hard summer for them. She just did her last chemo, then is having her various tests and radiation, then starting tamoxifen. I just pray all is well. They have been trying to keep things normal for their kids too, and now that we are mainly home for the month(except for weekend plans starting to pile up already), I can help them a bit again. Her daughter and Noni are friends, but with the illness in our house they could not play today(Rita is on her high risk 7-10 right now). I know they are looking forward to school starting, and frankly so am I.

I am so lucky to be able to home so much with my kids. Despite going back to work early with mimsters, I got to take 4 months off later, then a year off after noni, and now 2 with JR. I also have worked mainly part time, other than before and after noni(and I went down to a 0.8 two months after returning to work). I had such a flexible job I set my own schedules and work loads too, could be home in the middle of the day if I needed. I am fortunate we are not dependent on my income, and I have got to spend so much time with my kids, doing the things I really love. I hope I find as good a job again, but there is a growing chance we will move back to Ontario, so yahoo is all I can say. I can keep my same job with a slight commute and get a nice house near the lakeshore. BC will be exciting, I am sure, but Ontario is home.

JR is so funny. He was acting like he was pooping and standing right beside me, so I asked "are you poopy?" he just looked at me(usually he grabs his diaper and nods yes), so I said "well we better change your diaper". He took off running, so I thought he was just trying to get out of a diaper change, but when I got upstairs he was standing there holding a new diaper waiting for me. What a monkey!

No comments:

google

Google