Thursday, January 24, 2008

Potatoes, kids and gingerbread

Lauryn and I peeled potatoes together tonight. She is the best helper in the kitchen. She has amazing skill for a five year old-she can peel, measure, mix and crack eggs. She is very eager to learn too, always wanting to learn whatever I am making.Mimi does not have as much interest, although she is efficient enough. I was just so surprised at how well Lauryn could wield a peeler-perfectly peeled and no injuries even! All in all, we had a nice turkey dinner tonight with my helper.

The kids painted after dinner, and then made puppy key chains with pompoms, felt, eyes, and the glue gun-they are so cute. Josh also did playdoh today. It is so bloody cold, the kids need to be crafty indoors-that and playing ocean/sharks with the laundry basket! Homework is almost done for the night. We all need to turn in early tonight. I am tired, had a lot of cleaning to do today, and I did a long workout too. Josh and Lauryn played volcano while I did this this in the pm, it was funny watching him "trying" to escape the lava. Dave and I are just discussing furniture purchases-we are getting a new room for Mimi-a queen bedroom set. She ahs chosen a very grown up decor-the pink girly stuff is no longer cool I guess. Lauryn still wants the all pink room, but Mimsters wants brown and white and light aqua. It is amazing how old she seems sometimes. I feel nostalgic at times for when the girls were 5 and 2, life seemed so simple back then, now almost 4 years later we have another 2 year old in the house, another 5(almost 6) year old, and a big 8 going on 9 year old. Our house is half wee kid and half big kid, the differences are like night and day. So much change.

I baked the caramelized gingerbread recipe yesterday, and it is all gone. Love that stuff!

No comments:

google

Google