Saturday, July 12, 2008

What more is there?

"Old man, look at your life, I'm a lot like you were,ba, ba...." Neil Young rocks. But seriously, as I watch my daughter connect with her Grandpa, spiritually, I know. Dad is with me, so much. I knew my spiritual connections, years ago, the dreams, what Grandma told me, etc. "If you dream about me, it means something....". Grandma dreamt about me before I was born, as I dreamt about MImi, and the prophesies have fullfiled themselves. Mimi dreamt about Dad last night, his statement was " Why are you crying?" so significant. Each time I see him in my dreams, I listen to his words. The clarity, the meaning, he is there, it is amazing because he is always my young Dad. We were at a friends tonight, I spoke of Dad, it is like he was there yesterday, I can't explain. He is, was, and always will be who I aspire to be in many ways. He never angered for no reason, he loved his kids unconditionally, and he always aspired towards greater knowledge, greater understanding of humankind. It caused him angst at times, I know that now, but he was a fantastic man. I periodically find his writings and I pore over his work, seeking bits of his knowledge. He was no farmer really, he was a man whom I knew as a father, a mentor, and as I discover, my Mom's partner and the love of her life. What I am glad of, is that I too have found the love of my life, and that I love my children like I never knew I could.

Thus, "I'm alot like you were...", Yes Dad, I am.

No comments:

google

Google